NOVENA OF GRACE
March 5-13, 2015
Listen online: Archives below
- March 13, 2015~Fr Sean Nichaelson, SJ
- March 12, 2015~Don Clarke
- March 11, 2015~Brittany Wilmes
- March 10, 2015~Don Clarke
- March 9, 2015~Brittany Wilmes
- March 8, 2015~Fr Sean Michaelson, SJ
- March 7, 2015-Don Clarke
- March 6, 2015-Brittany Wilmes
- March 5, 2015-Fr Sean Michaelson, SJ
Hearing Our Story Anew: A Novena of Grace
St. Ignatius Parish is excited to announce this year’s Novena presenters and theme. We welcome Sean Michaelson, SJ, assistant for formation for the Oregon Province of the Society of Jesus; Don Clarke, campus minister at Jesuit High School in Portland; and St. Ignatius parishioner Brittany Wilmes. They will give reflections on this year’s theme: Hearing Our Story Anew: A Novena of Grace from March 5-13.
Please view details below and visit http://www.novenaofgrace.com/ to learn more about this beautiful tradition and how you can participate.
What is the Novena of Grace?
The Novena of Grace is grounded in our celebration of the Eucharist. Masses are held daily for nine consecutive days and feature a reflection by one of our guest presenters, live music, and prayers of petition and thanksgiving through the intercession of St. Francis Xavier. We also offer individual blessings at the end of Mass, as well as the sacraments of reconciliation and the anointing of the sick at various points of the retreat. Though the Novena of Grace is a Catholic tradition in Jesuit communities, it is open to people of all faiths. It affords time to reflect and to open one’s self to God’s Spirit and the healing grace that rejuvenates and transforms our lives. No sign up is necessary: the event is free and open to all.
Weekdays: 8 am & 7 pm
Saturday, March 7th: 8 am & 5 pm
Sunday, March 8th: 8 am, 10:30 am & 7:30 pm
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
Saturday, March 7th: 3:30-4:30 pm
ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT
Monday, March 9th: 9:30 am - 5 pm
SACRAMENT OF THE ANNOINTING OF THE SICK
Friday, March 13th: 8 am & 7 pm
At the end of every Mass except the final day, you may receive an individual blessing with a Jesuit vow crucifix. Come forward to a minister holding the vow cross and ask for a specific gift from God. The minister will put the cross in your hands and pray for the grace you request. Some ask for healing from a serious illness or a broken heart. Some pray for employment or world peace. There is no limit, so freely ask your heart’s deepest desire.
Your generosity makes this tradition possible. Envelopes are near Mary’s altar, a collection is taken on the last day, or you can donate online using PayPal. Profits support the formation of young Jesuits in the Oregon Province. Thank you for your generosity!
EMAIL US YOUR PRAYERS
PRAY WITH US ON FACEBOOK
Join the group “Praying the Novena of Grace”
Receive points for prayer, resources, and more. You’ll also be able to post and pray for petitions as you desire.
- March 5, 2014-Novena of Grace-Bishop Carlos Sevilla, SJ
- March 6, 2014-Novena of Grace-Jeremy Marks
- March 7, 2014-Novena of Grace-Bishop Carlos Sevilla, SJ
- March 8, 2014-Novena of Grace-Jeanette Grimaldi
- March 9, 2014-Novena of Grace-Bishop Carlos Sevilla, SJ
- March 10, 2014-Novena of Grace-Bishop Carols Sevilla, SJ
- March 11, 2014-Novena of Grace-Jeremy Marks
- March 12, 2014-Novena of Grace-Jeanette Grimaldi
- March 13, 2014-Novena of Grace-All three presenters
PRESENTERS FROM 2013 NOVENA